Sunday, September 11, 2011

Learning from a master

Tomorrow I leave to embark on a 5-day adventure to learn from one of the most skilled Bushcraft instructors alive today.

I wrote previously of a chance meeting that put me in touch with the owner of a local school who had plans to bring Mors to Ontario, but unfortunately I missed out on that opportunity.  He contacted me out of the blue a few months ago to let me know Mors would again be coming out here and asked to see if I was still interested.  I knew that I could not let it slip again.

Mors Kochanski authored the book that has been my bushcraft bible, and is highly regarded as one of the most skillful and knowledgable instructors alive today.  His is the one book I return to, and even having read it cover-to-cover I always come away with some new trick.


I am very excited to be able to take part in this experience.  Looking forward absorbing all the knowledge I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment