Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas in Costa Rica 2010


Christmas 2010 was an interesting one. I was fortunate enough to be invited to join my girlfriend's family as they celebrated the holidays (and a major family landmark) along with them on a trip to Costa Rica.

The trip was the culmination of months of hard work and planning (none of which was done by myself, haha) and unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control my girlfriend and I arrived after the trip started and missed out on some of the more remote wildlife areas, however the experiences we had were incredible and I am very glad to have been able to go. If anything, this trip has made me excited to return one day in order to spend more time and experience the things I missed.

I'll be breaking down the trip into the different areas we visited.

Part I - Arenal, Costa Rica's most active volcano

Part II - Monteverde and the cloud forest

Part III - Manuel Antonio Nation Park, located on the pacific coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment